Bed & Breakfast
Tel: +353 87 6283211
Address: No. 12 B&B,
12 Cois Abha, Sean Dún, Dungarvan,
ABOUT No. 12
Book No.12 B&B, Dungarvan if you love comfy beds, a warm welcome to a modern, stylishly decorated house & a delicious breakfast! Attention to detail is the hallmark of this Bed and Breakfast. It is tastefully decorated in a contemporary style, with lots of artistic features, and original art in every room, perfect for a holiday or for a business trip. The B&B is very close to the town centre, and to Waterford Greenway.
At No. 12 B&B, your host and owner, Catherine Kavanagh trained in the Dublin College of Catering, and is a professional in the hospitality business. She also has many years experience in the tourism industry managing the renowned West Waterford Festival of Food, managing the U.N.E.S.C.O. Copper Coast Geopark & Visitor Centre, and as a tour guide with the O.P.W.
* Free Wifi
* Free parking
* Tea & coffee making facilities in your room
* Towels provided
* Shampoo, conditioner & shower gel provided
* Hair dryer
* Iron and ironing board available
* Smoke detector
* Carbon Monoxide Detector
* First aid kit
FÁILTE IRELAND WELCOME STANDARD
is an Approved Accommodation by
At No. 12, we take great pride in our breakfast. We only use the freshest of ingredients, and go the extra mile to feature classics like Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Blueberry Pancakes, along with homemade granola and breads!
Menu samples as follows:
* Homemade granola with seasonal fruit and greek yoghurt,topped off with toasted mixed nuts & seeds
* Selection of cereals
* Eggs Benedict, made with the best local free range eggs, with smoked bacon, or smoked salmon with avocado, topped with homemade hollandaise sauce
* French toast, smoked bacon, roasted cherry tomatoes and maple syrup
* Omelette of your choice, served with crusty sourdough toast
* Scrambled eggs with smoked bacon or smoked salmon served on crusty sourdough toast
*Homemade American style blueberry pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup
* Homemade brown bread, a selection of cheeses, a good selection of teas!
For special diets, eg. lactose free, gluten free, etc, please notify me by message when booking the room/breakfast
Your host, Catherin will be delighted to advise on local interesting places to visit, including the hidden gems, and the best ways to fully enjoy your stay in Dungarvan.
THINGS TO SEE AND DO
Dungarvan town and west Waterford are a haven for nature lovers, foodies, fun lovers, culture vultures, walkers, hikers, climbers, art lovers, music lovers, sailors, watersport fanatics, fishermen, golfers, shoppers, and .... for those who just want to simply relax and unwind! Lonely Plant Guide on Dungarvan: " Brightly painted buildings ring Dungarvan's picturesque harbour where the River Colligan meets the sea. This famously foodie town is home to some outstanding restaurants, a renowned cookery school and the annual West Waterford Festival of Food."
Whether you want to stroll along one of the many beautiful local beaches, sample freshly-caught seafood, wander through our colourful market town, savour our fresh sea air, cycle or walk on our new Waterford Greenway, we have a treat in store for you!
SOME FABULOUS 'MUST SEE' PLACES NEARBY
* An Rinn/Ring- The Waterford Gaeltacht with a beautiful fishing pier and harbour, seaweed baths, and spectacular panoramic views
* Ardmore - The Cliff Walk & The Round Tower, a multi-award winning picturesque village with fabulous art & craft shops, and spectacular views
In Lismore Heritage Centre, theVirtual Reality Castle Experience is the best way to catch a glimpse inside the walls of the magnificent Lismore castle, also experience the Escape Room, fun for the whole family, will you beat the clock?
Explore Lismore town and its stunning architecture and take in the breath-taking views on a guided walking tour while immersing yourself in stories from Pre Christianity to the golden age of Hollywood.
* The Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark - From Stradbally to Annestown- spectacular scenic coastal route within the Copper Coast Geopark - an outdoor geology museum with 460 million years of geological heritage reflected in this Geopark, and formerly, one of the world's largest copper mining regions.
*The Comeragh Mountains and The Magic Road: Did you know that we have a “Magic Road” here in Waterford? Well we do and it is magic! If you park your car at the bottom of the hill and take the handbrake off then the car will roll backwards! I kid you not! The road is in the Comeragh Mountains that leads you to the magnificent Mahon Falls.
* The Knockmealdown Mountains and The Vee
* Colligan Wood Trails
Hidden Gems around Dungarvan and West Waterford- Personal Reccommendations!
* Lake Caumshingaun, Comeragh Mountains
* The Angel of Fenor , 40 ft high statue of angels carved by chainsaw from an old tree in Fenor graveyard beside Fenor church
* Fenor Bog situated beside the Angel of Fenor beside the church in Fenor
* Ballyvoile Tunnel, Waterford Greenway
* Cliff Walk, Ardmore
Waterford Greenway- Walk, cycle or run on this fabulous, newly developed 45 km off-road track from Dungarvan to Waterford City along the old railway tracks with many highlights along the way including spectacular sea views and 2 viaducts, a beautifully lit tunnel and lots more! Hire a Bike - Operating from three key locations in Waterford, Kilmacthomas and Dungarvan, the Waterford Greenway Bike Hire company have a wide selection of bikes available for all your needs, offering a free, reliable shuttle bus service to all of their hires, enabling you to cycle as little or long as you like along the Greenway!
CHILDRENS AMENITIES & ACTIVITIES
* There are 2 great playgrounds in the town, one with a great zip-line, and the other with outdoor gym equipment.
* SGC Movies @ Dungarvan is an excellent cinema located in Dungarvan Shopping Centre
* Ardmore Open Farm is just 15 minutes away in the stunning seaside village of Ardmore, and is a haven for children with endless hours of fun and activity for all ages. At the farm you will get to meet all the farmyard favourites as well as many rare breeds of animals.
* Splashworld in Tramore is an excellent indoor pool designed for children, also perfect for a rainy day! Tramore, one of the most fabulous Blue Flag beaches in Ireland, also features lots of amusement arcades and an amusement park in the summer time!
NIGHTLIFE IN DUNGARVAN
Dungarvan is not a large town, but it is full of character and life! Lots to do and see in the daytime, but lots of life at night also! The town has a great tradition of live music in the pubs at night, particularly at the weekends, and 2 nightclubs. This night life is to be found from Abbeyside to the bars on the Quays to Grattan Square in Dungarvan. Each place has it's own character, and characters, and music is to be found almost any night of the week, and in abundance at the weekends! Sláinte!!
All Reviews are from Booking.com
My boyfriend and I had a lovely stay at No 12 after cycling the Greenway. We really appreciated being welcomed with tea/coffee/wine and caramel squares after the long cycle, and the room was beautiful. I really appreciated the extra effort Catherine went to to prepare a vegan brekkie for me as well - breakfast was gorgeous (we will be dreaming about the granola). We felt really looked after and highly recommend it!
Booking.com _ August 2021
Everything about our stay was perfect. Catherine was a superb host. We received a very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Her breakfast options were delicious and really fuelled us for the day. Catherine kindly stored our bikes without any problems. We would highly recommend a stay at no. 12.
Booking.com -Sept, 2020
Great host, great breakfast
Catherine really goes above and beyond. Best breakfast ever. Comfortable stay and close to Dungarvan town. Would highly recommend.
Booking.com - Oct, 2020
My Stay was excellent Catherine is a five star host , the breakfast is to die for and the room is very tastefully decorated modern and comfortable,I will be definitely repeating the experience next time around .
Booking.com - Oct 2020
The best place I've ever stayed. The room was immaculate and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was incredible; yoghurt with seeds, nuts, blackberries and raspberries, followed by eggs Benedict and then pancakes. There was the option of having bread and cereal too but I couldn't I was so full! Catherine was the warmest host, so helpful and friendly and we had lovely chats while I was having breakfast. Honestly can't recommend this place enough, this little write up hasn't even done it justice! Will one hundred percent be staying here again.
Booking.com - Sept 2020
Katherine was a great host. The place was spotless and the place was well maintained. The room was spacious, the lounge area an area and sphere and the kitchen has a homey feeling. The garden looked great a place to rest in the sun as well. Katherine made us feel welcome the very first day and was full of knowledge about places to visit. For breakfast we had poached eggs with salmon or bacon and poached eggs, with homemade pancake greek yoghurt with nuts and granola. Thank you katherine for sharing your house with us during your stay, we will definitely recommend others. Sjong & Erika
Booking.com – Sept 2020